Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A post: A few googled images

Hello, my loves.  I have a few pictures for you.  I hope to have more of my personal photography soon, but I want to secure some photoshop ish in order to edit properly. That doesn't mean that you have to wait on that, I may forego the photoshop editing and post some pictures before I get it, but at this moment, you get to see some stuff that I i'm really digging right now.

First, I am in love with the idea of finding/creating some unique lighting for my apartment.  It's been needed for a while now but I'm actually really particular with my lighting choices. Not saying that things like black floor lamps with glass bowls are bad, but I've really tried to dedicate myself to thinking things through more. Buying a lamp because it's cheap and i think it will give lighting doesn't help me out since I have enough lighting to get by and I'd be pretty annoyed with the purchase.  So, I stumbled upon this lighting fixture on a blog.  It's fantastic. I want to make stuff like this.







I also stumbled upon these awesome watches. There is one on ideeli for 80 bucks (opposed to the 135) but I'm trying to save up some money since I just bought my camera and a TV.  But, honestly, how amazing is the idea of going more green (the idea, the practice, like most things, tends to be hazy)? Also, who doesn't love a more natural feel to their surroundings? The textures and colors and general design make these a win in my book.


So... I guess I will leave you with a final thing that I'm in love with right now.  That would be the band Tennis and their album "Cape Dory." It's definitely not going to be the best album of the year. It does, however make me happy. The husband/wife duo don't try to accomplish more than they are capable and seem to channel a retro/beach boys vibe in a winter season that seems to be never-ending. I think you should check it out, especially the tracks "take me somewhere" and "marathon."  To me, it feels like Best Cost if Best Coast didn't whine so much about needing a man.  And I like Best Coast, except for the whining, so Tennis is a natural fit for me when I want to relax and sink into the sound of high tide.

I promise, my loves, more actual photojournaling coming soon.  I am also working on changing up my apartment some, so that will help get things moving. Oh! I will also do better with my setup. I'm limited right now because I'm on my work machine. All my love!

3 comments:

John Patrick said...

Hey, never been to your blog before. I know that girl! The one in Tennis! They actually visited me on the titular Cape Dory! She emailed me that music awhile back. Cool, small world.

Leanna said...

First off, thanks for visiting the blog. I'm just trying to get it started (as you can tell). I'm hoping it will start to be more interesting, but it's been a little rushed so far so that I don't lose momentum.

That is super awesome that you are friends with her. I heard their music on sirius xm u and loved the whimsical feel to it. I was sad when I couldn't find it anywhere at first, so hopefully they'll sell well and make more music.

I'll try and provide more content than just my goings on, so feel free to come back and comment. Anything to help me waste some time on the computer with good people is welcome.

John Patrick said...

A noble goal, I shall return. Godspeed!