Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Post: A bunch of random opinions. you've been warned

First thing first, Prop 8. I had a very interesting conversation about this at a friend's house this past weekend. I find it deplorable that there are enough people in this country to determine the lawful rights of others based on religion. I do think, however, using their logic, that there is still no reason for everyone to enjoy the rights and other benefits that "married" couples do. Here I go: If, a homosexual couple can not get married strictly based on what the Bible says, then civil unions should become the lawful term for any "marriage." I maintain this because at my friend's place, she made the observation that she wouldn't want to be married in a country that defines it religiously because she, though heterosexual, is an atheist. Though, I don't even want to start in on how the religious zealots might feel about this issue and what they happily turn a bli9nd eye to, I would like to point out that if they feel that marriage is a religous act, then marriage should only be recognized by the church. Otherwise, it is unconstitutional. But really, my thoughts, homosexal or not, the rights of Americans are being supressed and as long as marriage in any combination of sexes is not mandatory, there is no reason to deny anyone.

I'm done.

In other news, Thanksgiving is only two weeks away as of tomorrow. I need to have my papers done. I haven't even started one. Damn it. I'm just super stoked to see family soon.

The holidays may suck a little being that it is the first year without family, but I'm looking to make the most of it. Anyone wanting to spread cheer after I finish my term papers are more than welcome!

No comments: