Monday, November 3, 2008

A Post: The first, the introduction

Hello all. I figured that with Halloween announcing the start of my first holiday season without most of the family, more specifically, without the nieces and nephew, it would be nice to start this public blog and keep in touch.

I'm not sure where all I will be going with this blog- random updates about my life, philosophical inquiries, or simply a "hi what's up" to everyone that may read this, but I would like to try to keep in touch with all of the family, friends, and colleagues that are spread across the world.

I am currently involved in a lot. It's been overwhelming and I feel like I have no social life. I seem to be using my weekends to catch up on sleep that I forgot to schedule into my weekday itinerary. I am still working at BAE Systems and also ODU as the writer for the Arts & Letters Alumni magazine and a freshman A&L adviser. I don't really feel like I'm the most qualified despite my degree in English. I guess I'm just overly aware that my writing is nothing special compared to so many people that I have read. I'm trying though, and I guess that's all I can do. It also doesn't help that I've had very little interest in reporting ever since I realized embellishment in articles is strictly prohibited. On top of that, I'm not writing editorial work, strictly reporting. In other words, I'm enjoying getting out and about, but I'm feeling constricted. It will look great on my CV, though, and I am meeting some great people.

Grad school is exhausting. I'm not even sure I'm qualified to talk about it right now. Plus, I'm scared of the grad school karma gods, and if I talk bad about them, they might smite me. So that ends that right now.


This is getting a bit long, so I will just leave with this- I will be trying my best to update this, I really admire those people that can update once a day, but I'm going to shoot for once a week, and I hope that I can start keeping in touch with you all a little better than I do now. Here's a picture of where my heart is this season, just because, well, they're friggin cute!

No comments: