Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Post: A Toast

To America. Not for who you voted, this post was bound to happen whoever sat in their respect seats of power, but for how many of you voted. I waited til after work to vote, so it only took me 15 minutes from the time i parked to the time i was driving out of Tallwood Elementary. It kind of pains me, mostly because I don't think a lot of people who voted voted as informed voters, more like rebels without a cause, but I am encouraged to see something that ignited this nation. I have been feeling like there is no passion left in America. Myself included. I feel like the average American has turned into a me-first-make-my-money type of person who doesn't feel humanity and couldn't care less of what happens to their neighbors as long as it doesn't take their Hummer and big screen TV away.

America, please build off of this passion, please find causes and altruism to be proud of. Fight for those causes. Fight injustice and learn how to be active in life. Stop being controled by TV and politicians and organization leaders and tabloids and newspapers and journals.... just start finding what you believe in and please follow that as you would if your life depended on it. Because it does.

No comments: