Friday, November 14, 2008

A Post: A Nonsense Post to be exact

Today is Friday. I love and loathe Fridays. I have a little more freedoms on Friday's because I don't have any classes and I don't have to go back to work at BAE. Unfortunately, today I have to do some running around for the magazine. I need to make some phone calls and I need to visit a professor. I worry about having to talk and interview people, and this scares me, because I know that mentoring is a big part of grad school and I know that what I want to do requires me to make contacts. I hope that maturity will bring more confidence in my ability to captivate people. That sounds weird... what I mean is that I tend to have some sort of strange physical change that happens every time I see someone where I don't look the same. I can't tell you how many people I have had to introduce myself to more than twice. I don't know if this is because I am soft spoken at times or if I am forgettable for some reason. That's not a good quality to have in someone that needs to have contacts for a career. *shrug* I have developed into a more assertive person over the past five years, and perhaps, that will continue without faultering my plans.

So, there is that. Otherwise, I am having to plan a wedding. This is slightly stressful. Plus, I don't know how money will be. I think we will be fine, but I am the type of person that needs a lot of emergency fund buffer. And I love shoes. There's my problem. I have the church, reception hall, cake plans, dress, shoes, rehearsal dress, and favors planned or purchased but I still have a lot to do. If anyone knows about good flower places, please let me know.

And still another note, I promise to get into the holiday spirit, as long as I can finalize some sort of research and an outline for BOTH of my term papers. Please, I don't care how bad the economy is, don't pressure me any earlier than normal to accept the end of the semester and beginning of the holiday season, marketers and radio stations!

Have a happy weekend all!

No comments: