Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Post: A Long Way to Thursday

Thanksgiving is Thursday, but I feel like I have so much that needs done, that I can't even think about it. I don't understand why some people don't check or reply to their emails when they are professors. Isn't that one of the most efficient ways to communicate in such a schedule clashing environment? I thought so at least. I have so many articles that are dependant on emails, and those aren't very reliable, but every time I go IN to the office (taking time off my other job) they are never there.

Enough! No more work talk. Thanksgiving is on its way and I was able to get most of my Christmas shopping done this past weekend. I really love Christmas shopping. I hate the crowds and pushy people (and when did parents stop holding their children's hands?) but I love picking things out for people and wrapping and the whole altruistic feel of Christmas. I would love a new holiday outfit, but buying a cute sweater for Scarlett fills me with more gratification that the perfect office holiday party dress. There is supposed to be cool weather and loads of food. Beth, Dave, and my niece Haylie, are coming down from WV to celebrate with us, and I am really excited about the blending of Jimmy and my Family's holidays. I only wish that these term papers and group presentation would finish themselves.

I hope you all have the most fantastic of holidays this Thursday. Even if you may not celebrate Thanksgiving per say, I recommend taking a moment out of this busy time of year and reflecting on the positive. In a time of hardship, it is most important to realize how lucky you are.

All my love!

No comments: